IITaV AGM – Saturday, 13 May 2017, 3:00 – 6:00 pm
May 13 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
The 2017 Annual General Meeting for IITaV will be held on Saturday, 13 May 2017, from 3:00 to 6:00 pm at GS217 (George Swinburne building Level 2), Swinburne University, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia 3122. All IIT Alumni are invited to attend. Please note that in the event of an election, voting rights are available only to active financial members of IITaV.
Please RSVP your intention to attend by sending a mail to email@example.com to enable meeting and catering arrangements at the venue. Light refreshments will be provided. Meeting agenda and other relevant details are given below.
1. Welcome, Apologies and Proxies.
2. Approve minutes of 2016 AGM.
3. President’s Annual Report 2016-17.
4. Treasurer’s Annual Report 2016–17.
5. Nominations and Elections for 2017–18 Management Committee.
6. Welcome and hand-over to the 2017-18 Management Committee.
7. Open discussion on way forward.
Communicate AGM Agenda, and nomination process – 20 April 2017 (via this email)
Nominations for all positions open – 20 April 2017
RSVP intention to attend AGM – 10 May 2017
Nominations for all positions close – 11 pm, 04 May 2017
List of nominations sent to active financial members – 08 May 2017
Lodgement of proxies – 12 May 2017 (Proxy-form)
Annual General Meeting – 13 May 2017, 3:00 to 6:00 pm
1. Nominations are invited for nine positions: President; Vice President; Treasurer; Secretary; and five Committee Members.
2. Nominations and secondments can only be made by active financial members of the organisation. Please renew your membership if necessary, prior to making a nomination.
3. Nominations should be done via email. The email thread should clearly show the name of the nominee and the position the person is being nominated for by the nominator and the seconder, and the nominee’s acceptance of the nomination.
4. All emails should include firstname.lastname@example.org in the To/cc field to provide traceability of the nomination process.
5. A candidate can only be nominated for one of the nine positions (#1 above) by a nominator.
6. An active financial member can submit nominations for up to nine positions (#1 above) in the same email. In this scenario the nominator should clearly indicate who the seconder(s) are so that the relevant person(s) can provide the supporting seconding email(s).
7. Please send your confirmed nominations to email@example.com by 11 pm, 04 May 2017. Nominations received after this deadline will not be valid.
OTHER RELATED INFORMATION:
After the nominations have closed on 04 May 2017, the collated results of the valid nominations received will be communicated to all financial members, by 08 May 2017, prior to the AGM. In case there is more than one nomination for the position of President, Vice-President, Treasurer or Secretary, and/or if there are more than five nominations for the five Committee member positions, there will be an election as per Agenda item #5. The relevant candidates for contested positions will have an opportunity to present their credentials for the position at the AGM, prior to the conduct of the election. In the event of an election only active financial members are allowed to vote.
In case members are unable to attend the AGM they can use the attached Proxy Form to nominate a proxy to cast their vote on their behalf. The signed form must be received by the Secretary (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) before the AGM or the proxy should present it under Agenda item #1 above.
If you need clarification, please call Sridhar Karuppasami (0423 587 163) or Ravi Singh (0435 657 413).
We look forward to your active participation at the AGM.
(0423 587 163)